Shanghai is a commercial giant, a financial and cultural hub, and home to the largest container port on Earth. Examine the rapidly changing nature of global business in Shanghai and prepare for a career in international business through exposure to core concepts, important theories, and case studies, as well as site visits to Chinese companies and discussions with leading practitioners. Courses are taught in English at CIEE Global Institute – Shanghai and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
DEEPEN YOUR KNOWLEDGE
in business and economics while broadening your understanding of international markets.
COMPARE AND CONTRAST
differences between Chinese and U.S. business practices and culture.
EXPLORE THE ROLE
that China plays in the global marketplace.
From its new financial district of Pudong, home to some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world, to its long history of foreign influence, fashion, and economic prowess, Shanghai is sure to leave any visitor awe-struck. Join its population of 23 million in urban centers, on elevated light rails, or on the world’s first commercial high-speed Maglev train, and explore every inch of this dynamic city.
Excursions & Activities
Go on weekly visits to local markets, museums, temples, and other sites in Shanghai.
Take in an acrobatic show.
Put on your chef hat and practice your skills at dumpling making.
Take free classes in Chinese cooking, calligraphy, martial arts, music, and mahjong.
- Mandatory orientation – an introduction to Shanghai culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.