Explore Indian culture in a diverse, cosmopolitan city, while taking courses at CIEE’s partner school, University of Hyderabad, as well as at CIEE Hyderabad. Choose from classes specially designed for international students in biotechnology, information technology, and medical sciences as well as a vast selection of direct-enroll options in arts, economics, history, humanities, language, literature, political science, sociology, and more. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
LEARN TRADITIONAL INDIAN ARTS
like Kathak dance, intricate Henna design, Tabla (percussion), and Yoga.
at an award-winning university that offers an array of interesting courses.
LIVE WITH AN
Indian host family or on campus with an international exchange student.
Hyderabad is a city of juxtaposition – old and new, north and south, Hindu and Muslim. Once ruled by bejeweled Nizams, it’s now a global hub for biotech, animation, information tech, amazing food, and domestic travel. The sprawling city is an urban stew of construction, music, clothing shops, inconceivable traffic, food bazaars, department stores, global businesses like Microsoft and Google, and magnificent ancient architecture.
Excursions & Activities
- Fall: Visit Varanasi, the holiest of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and Jainism, with a key role in the development of Buddhism.
- Spring: Visit Visakhapatnam – Jewel of the East Coast – in Andhra Pradesh. Visit Bora Caves and Araku Valley or Hampi, Anegundi, or Badami.
Relish unique sights and sounds all over Hyderabad.
- Explore Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu temples.
- Visit the folk goddess temple, Peddamma, and see the biggest Ganesha idol in Hyderabad.
- Practice Yoga on campus daily – it doesn't get any more authentic!
- Celebrate annual festivals with colorful decorations and kites.
- Visit special places like Mysore, Byllakuppe, Melkote, Badami, and Karnataka.
Volunteering. Give two hours a week, and get back much more. Build school gardens, tutor orphaned boys, teach English and self-esteem to girls, design marketing material and/or websites for NGO's, or develop interventions for minority communities.
Language tutoring. Students who take language courses can pair up with Indian university students for support getting involved on campus.
Independent study. Investigate the textile industry, modern religion, the impact of climate change, marginalized communities, or another intriguing topic with a faculty advisor from the Study in India Program (SIP).
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Indian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.