Take your beginning and intermediate Spanish language skills to the next level while you explore international business at CIEE’s partner school, Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Courses are taught in English across a range of subject areas, including international relations, psychology, business, history, literature, science, and more. Students can also opt for a for-credit internship and gain practical work experience and firsthand insight into Spanish business culture. CIEE’s Language Resource Center offers individual tutorials to help students gain language proficiency for greater cultural immersion. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
GAIN VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE
and get front-line perspective by participating in an optional for-credit internship in a Spanish company. Learn from company managers at Spanish and international companies like Inés Rosales, Basilippo, Xtraice, or Ybarra via company visits.
DEVELOP INTERCULTURAL SKILLS
that are essential for success in a global economy.
CHOOSE CLASSES IN ENGLISH OR SPANISH,
and explore the European economy, carry out field research in ecology, learn about foreign exchange markets, analyze how exercise enhances mood, examine the role of strategic business management in a globalized world, and more.
Seville has its origins in the trade routes controlled by the Phoenicians in the 8th century BC. Romans, Goths, Muslims, and Christians established their capital here before it became the most important city in Southern Europe and gateway to the Americas in the 16th century. The commercial hub of its region, the city preserves many traces of its past and traditions. With 700,000 residents, Seville offers a large variety of cultural activities that range from the Flamenco Biennial and the European Film Festival to alternative theater venues, bars with live music, beautiful streets and open spaces and, of course, one of the most respected bullrings in the world.
Excursions & Activities
- Join in flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, participate in language exchanges with Spanish university students, practice new sports in the Guadalquivir river, and more, with new local friends. New activities are offered all the time throughout the semester.
- Get an insider’s view of iconic places like Parque de María Luisa, Plaza de España, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias, Hospital de los Venerables Sacerdotes, and many more amazing locations spread all around the city.
- Participate in excursions to other Spanish cities in the region of Andalucía. In the past, students have travelled to cities such as Córdoba, Cádiz, Malaga, Jerez, etc.
- Explore and step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in Italica or the medieval city of Carmona.
- Jump into campus activities at University Pablo de Olavide – choir, cinema, sports, fitness, volunteering – there’s lots to choose from.
- Volunteering. Connect with the people of Seville and say gracias for your stay by pitching in at a local organization or school. Make the most of your Spanish language learning by practicing with Spanish students through a conversion exchange program. Participate in an optional internship with a Spanish company and help with logistics, customer relations, finance reports, marketing plans, auditing, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.