Broaden your perspective on world events, gain insight into the diversity and uniqueness of Russia, and boost your Russian language skills while taking classes at CIEE’s partner school, The Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) and CIEE Moscow. Students enroll in English-taught courses alongside Russian and other international students that include Russian language, MGIMO courses, and optional internship. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
IMPROVE YOUR RUSSIAN LANGUAGE SKILLS
by taking courses at CIEE's partner school.
DEVELOP YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS
by interning with a Moscow business or organization.
EXPLORE AND DISCOVER
the beautiful city of Moscow.
From its iconic onion domes to the treasures of the Kremlin, Moscow’s rich history lives on. Russia’s capital is home to a diverse ethnic mix of approximately 13 million people and is the country’s political, economic, cultural, and scientific hub. Moscow’s origins date to the 12th century. It has served as the backdrop for the development of the Russian state and was also the capital of the former Soviet Union. It is home to beautiful and complex sites like the Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral, Lenin’s Mausoleum, the KGB Museum, Gorky Park, and the Bolshoi Theatre - all ready and waiting to be explored. Today, Moscow is a sophisticated 21st-century metropolis, pulsing with around-the-clock energy. For students of business and international relations, Moscow offers an unparalleled vantage point from which to experience, firsthand, the politics and economics of contemporary Russia.
Excursions & Activities
- Participate in CIEE-organized events - such as cinema and game nights, cooking classes, and day trips – with Russian buddies.
- Tour the world-famous Kremlin, ancient churches, the State Tretiakov Museum of Russian Art, and the Cold War Museum Bunker -42.
- Visit a ballet.
- Travel to St. Petersburg for three days, and explore the city on a guided tour.
- In the fall semester travel to Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan; in the spring semester, travel to the ancient Golden Ring cities of Vladimir and Suzdal on a three-day guided tour.
- Internships. Develop your business and leadership skills, gain project management experience, and build intercultural knowledge through an internship with a Moscow business or organization.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Moscow culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.