Immerse yourself in Ireland’s rich culture and earn credits at our partner school, Dublin City University (DCU). Examine the complex relationship between the British and the Irish; discuss issues of national identity, religion, and immigration; explore the pros and cons of tourism in a country that welcomes seven million visitors per year; and learn about beloved Irish storytellers and the influences on their works. Classes are complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
LIVE AND LEARN
on a compact, high-tech campus with easy access to downtown Dublin.
TAKE AN OVERNIGHT TRIP
to the outskirts of Ireland
PLAN AN ADVENTURE
you'll remember forever
With a young, vibrant population of more than one million, Dublin is a city on the move and an emerging European high-tech hub. Still, the charm, culture, and ancient heritage of old Dublin shines through, and echoes of literary giants Joyce, Shaw, Swift, Wilde, and Beckett remain. Since the late 1990s, multi-ethnic Dublin has grown with arrivals from the European Union, China, and Nigeria. By 2006, the city’s foreign-born population had risen to 17.3%. Beyond the dynamic city, jewel green landscapes and sandy beaches beckon.
Excursions & Activities
Get to know Dublin with guided visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and historic sites like Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Castle, and Viking Dublin.
See more of Ireland with an overnight trip that brings your coursework to life:
- Session 1: An excursion to the world-famous Cliffs of Moher and the wonderful city of Galway to explore the relationship between tourism and sustainability.
- Session 2: Visit to Wexford and Kilkenny (South-East of Ireland) to engage you in history and culture, with a focus on the Famine, as well as music and language.
- Session 3: Belfast, Northern Ireland to you reflect on the complex relationship between Northern Ireland and Ireland.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.