There are few places in Europe quite like France’s fourth largest city, where you can immerse yourself in a storied past and French language learning. Courses on international marketing and/or European integration are taught in English at CIEE Toulouse, and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
EXPERIENCE CHALLENGING COURSEWORK
and enriching homestays.
GO ON ENLIGHTENING VISITS
to French businesses.
DEVELOP AN APPRECIATION FOR THE SKILLS NEEDED
to run a business in France.
Close to both the ocean and mountains, a favorable year-round climate, and a vibrant art and music scene — it’s no wonder that Toulouse is consistently rated one of the best places to study and live in France. This nexus of ancient and modern worlds is nicknamed the Pink City (la Ville Rose) for its unique architecture of pinkish bricks, but there’s plenty else to marvel at — like one of Europe's oldest universities (Université de Toulouse, established in 1299), two UNESCO World Heritage sites (the Canal Du Midi and the Basilica of St. Sernin), the headquarters of Airbus, the Galileo positioning system, the SPOT satellite system, and the largest space center in Europe.
Excursions & Activities
- Go on weekly company site visits.
- Take field trips to art and history museums and monuments.
- Get familiar with Toulouse through guided tours with a practical, historical, or sociological focus.
- Get a taste of the city’s food with a traditional cuisine workshop.
- Visit a local farm that makes wine.
- Stretch your legs with a bike ride along the canal embankment or a hike in the Pyrenees Mountains.
Volunteering. Give back by tutoring children after school or volunteering at a food bank, women’s shelter, or senior center.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.