Examine the engineering aspects of creating and executing renewable and sustainable projects in the world-renowned landscape of Ireland. Whether your interest is in sustainable energy or electrical engineering, studying abroad in Dublin gives students a chance to experience one of the most beautiful and culturally rich countries in the world while pursuing a degree. We’ll toast to that!
UNDERSTAND THE REAL-WORLD
cost of renewable sources of energy.
hydro-electrical facilities and energy laboratories.
GAIN INSIGHT INTO THE ISSUE OF ENERGY
in Ireland, its impact on the community, and an overview of Ireland historically and in a contemporary context.
Stop and listen to the fiddle music that carries through charming cobblestone streets. Walk the unbelievably green landscapes that end in sandy beaches. Enjoy a pint with the locals. Dublin is an ancient city that today is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing European capitals. With a young and vibrant population of over one million, it may be a city on the move, but the charm, culture, and heritage of old Dublin is still apparent everywhere, from its architecture to its nods to Joyce, Shaw, Swift, Wilde, and Beckett.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit sites of engineering marvels and historical interest in Dublin, such as wind farms, Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Castle, and Viking Dublin.
- Attend interactive events with local Irish students.
- Visit internationally renowned Irish businesses and engineering works.
- Take a trip to spots like Belfast, where you'll examine contemporary political, social, and economic divisions in Northern Ireland.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.